Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Art Journal Fun



Since winning a lovely little prize from Creativity Classes on Extreme Journaling with Juliana Coles I've been getting into my art supplies, old and new. It was time to pull out the stuff I haven't used in ages and to build up my supplies with some fun new things. I added paint pens to my stash, those are fun. I also purchased some lovely washi masking tape from a place on etsy called washimatta. I only just ordered those, so I'll give you an update once they arrive.

While reading iHanna's blog today I noticed she had an entry on washi tape, too. It always pays to read the comments on blog entries. So I was pleased to find a link left by another crafty blogger, Julie K, on how to make your own faux washi tape, which I will be giving a go at some point, too.

Anyway, I've been filling pages in my art journal with gesso, getting them ready for the art I have yet to create. Also, I'm collecting things to stick in my journal, like menus from Fast Eddy's and whatever else appeals to me at the moment. I'll keep you updated on more about my adventures into art journals soon.

I had been waiting on approval to use some photos from other people, but this is my own photo taken just a little while ago, of my washi stash. I just can't wait to play.

Heather
Photo my own
Click here to visit Planet SARK.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning and linking to me! Sorry I never answered your question but now I'm quite happy - your photos is great and a blog is so much more fun to visit when you use your own photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. I was just being impatient to get the entry out. I received my order fairly quickly, so didn't need to wait all that long, anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:30 pm

    Hope you get a chance to make your own tapes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I haven't had a chance yet, but this is definitely something I want to do. Thanks for sharing your ideas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete