Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2009

Accomplishments



While I haven't been writing this blog I have been thinking and writing in my journal. I've arrived at one of those places where I need to make some choices and yet I stall and don't really know what it is I want to accomplish. So, I go looking and thinking and come back to the fact that I want to write. I have always known this. Roadblocks forever stall me, though I've made several good starts over the years. Having a little boy at 39 did kind of curtail anything too ambitious, though I could've gotten around that, I suppose, but just never have so far.

That same little boy will be attending full time pre-school next year. My mind is turning to ways I can use this time best. So, even though the beginning of February seems a long way off, I am starting to plan and arrange things so my dreams might actually be accomplished. It's been a good feeling. Thankfully, hubby is joining me on getting our lives into gear.

It might be difficult to believe, but I have five novels tucked away here somewhere. I want to get them out of hibernation and into publication. There's a long road from here to there, though. I'm being realistic, but I don't want to forget about the little things that matter to me, too. I will still add here, but perhaps not each day as I had been.

But, to get your pen going, or whatever you feel like using, write in your journal about all you accomplished in the past year. Is this anywhere near your dreams? Why or why not? Investigate your reasons for not reaching for what it is you want to achieve. Make plans or steps you can accomplish from today to get somewhere near reaching these dreams or goals. Have fun.

I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

No comments:

Post a Comment