Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2009

Fireproof



Last night at church I watched the movie called Fireproof. Instead of being the corny Christian movie I expected I found the story quite entertaining and also very supportive of marriage. There's a website supporting the film called Fireproof My Marriage where you can learn more. In the film there was a 40 day love dare, presented in a lovely journal. I couldn't help thinking what I would offer to someone on the brink of divorce, especially if they really wanted their marriage to stay together. I suppose after more than 22 years of marriage I must know something about what makes it work.

What about you? Spend some time writing in your journal about what makes marriage fireproof. Even if you feel you have failed in your marriage you still have experience. Write this journal entry as if writing a letter to someone you know who is struggling. You don't need to ever send them the letter. What advice would you offer, what dos and don'ts? Do you feel every marriage can be rescued? Investigate the issues in your journal.

I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

No comments:

Post a Comment