Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2009

Making a Donation



I had the unusual experience of donating blood today. This might be a regular thing for you, but for me it was something completely new. Being so, I was not exactly sure what to expect. In my mind I did have some picture of what would happen, and I wasn't far off, but I wasn't sure how I'd feel afterwards. The poor girl next to me probably wasn't expecting to go into some kind of a convulsion, either, but the staff handled it all really well. The only thing I didn't expect was to feel so dreadfully tired. Even now I'm finding it difficult to concentrate.

Are you a regular blood donor? Do you give to charity or some other worthy cause as a matter of habit? Do you feel it's necessary to give to others, no matter what you give? Write about making donations of any kind in your journal. Why do you make donations? What would happen if no one donated? What would happen if you stopped donating? Investigate the need to donate in your journal.

I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

3 comments:

  1. Under the rules of the UK donation system, I'm not allowed to give blood - I still feel guilty for it even though it's not my fault I can't do it! But I often give time & money to various charities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael,
    Yes, there are several little things that can prevent people from giving blood, so I'm not really surprised to learn you cannot do so. But I don't think you should feel guilty about it. At least you know you cannot donate blood. Some people never bother to find out, at all. I'm glad to read you donate to charities in other ways, though. Thanks for your comment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:59 pm

    Hi Rachael,
    Yes, there are several little things that can prevent people from giving blood, so I'm not really surprised to learn you cannot do so. But I don't think you should feel guilty about it. At least you know you cannot donate blood. Some people never bother to find out, at all. I'm glad to read you donate to charities in other ways, though. Thanks for your comment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete