Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Under Pressure



Today has just been one of those days. I've been under pressure right from the moment I woke up. Everyone expecting me to be in more than one place at a time, getting the impossible done - yesterday. Sometimes I feel everyone is against me, but when I'm honest a lot of the pressure I experience is of my own making.

Hubby saw me stressing out and very rightly prescribed a bit of time out for me. He sent me out with my journal and ordered me to get a coffee and relax for a bit. You know journal writing works when even your husband can see that.

I enjoyed my time out and forgot about the pressures. Most of them didn't feel anywhere near as pressing as I believed, especially through the lens of a more relaxed state of mind.

How do you handle pressure? Spend some time writing in your journal about how you react to pressure. Does pressure push you into your finest work or do you feel rushing things makes you sloppy? How can you avoid feeling so much pressure in your day? Describe a day with no pressure. Which do you prefer? Take some time out if you need to examine how pressure fits into your day. Do you view it as a positive or a negative?

Heather
Photo used with permission from Ivar van Bussel

No comments:

Post a Comment