Total Pageviews

Monday, April 20, 2009

Gelly Roll Inspiration

This is another older entry slightly modified:



Tonight laziness infused deep into my bones and I just wasn't going to make an entry. Instead I surfed around checking out this and that. I found some visual journal inspiration, though, on the Gelly Roll website. You can download visual journal tips and illustrated pages from Diana Gessler and Dan Price.

Hope you feel fired up to add visual elements to your journal after checking out the website. Don't forget to look at the Artist Showcase for much more inspiration.

Heather
Photo used with permission from Tommie Ohlson & stock.xchng

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Heather, for your comment on http://happyluau.blogspot.com. I subscribed to your new web site and am glad to find you here! xo, O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I like this writing prompt. I actually have a collection of gel pens in my beauty box. I'm associating it with letter writing.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivia,
    So glad you've found me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,
    No worries. I think it's difficult not to be inspired after checking out some of those artists. Hope you create something you enjoy. Thanks so much for your comment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently treated myself to a whole "stadium" of Gelly Roll pens. Really, they came in this stand that is like bleachers. My journaling has definitely gotten more colorful. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    Lol, I love that description of your pens. Sounds like a lot of fun, though. I'm also happy you've got more colour in your journal now. Thanks for commenting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep Gelly Roll pens around for the grandkids when they have bouts of artistic inspiration. I enjoy using them, too, but find they especially intrigue youngsters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary Emma,
    They are so much fun to play with. I think they help bring out the child in all of us. Thanks for letting me know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete