Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Lunch at the Marina



It was a relaxing day for me today. Hubby and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch at Hillarys Boat Harbour, at Zeno's Café. Hubby had the chillie prawns and I tucked into the seafood platter. Delicious. After a stroll around the marina, & some window shopping, we had coffee and cake at another restaurant. I loved being with my man, catching the fresh sea breeze, and engaging in my other favourite hobby; people watching.

It started when I overheard tourists commenting about the white cockatoos sitting in the pine trees in the car park. The cockies dropped nuts, twigs and poop on top of every car, all the while squawking loudly. It was interesting to hear what the tourists had to say, especially in their German accents.



Even though it was supposed to be a date for us, it was also an artist's date. Hubby sketched the gulls, cockies and people around us. I soaked up the scent of the sea air and relaxed. Do you ever go on artist dates with yourself? If not, why not? Plan an artist's date & write about it in your journal.

Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photos are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment